Preparation for Scanning IBM Storage Protect (formerly known as Spectrum Protect, TSM)
StorageGuard collects configuration data regarding IBM Storage Protect systems by running read-only dsmadmc commands on a main hub server installed with the IBM Administrative Client.
The following table lists the requirements for scanning IBM Storage Protect systems:
|1||Provide the network name or IP address of each main hub server installed with the administrative command-line client.|
|2||Provide an OS user account (and password) for each main hub server. The OS user should be able to access the /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log. errno file.|
|3||Provide a user account for the IBM Administrative Client application. The user account should be able to run read-only commands such as QUERY SERVER, QUERY OPTION.|
Ensure that the main hub server is configured to communicate with other Spectrum Protect server.
NOTE: In case a newly installed Storage Protect Linux system is used, configuration of files such as /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt and /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys may be required. Refer to IBM documentation for information regarding installing and configuring Storage Protect.
For a Unix/Linux hub server:
• A regular user account should be provided.
• Verify IP connectivity through SSH (default is port 22) is available between the StorageGuard server and each Linux hub server.
For a Windows host:
• The user account should be granted a Remote Management role.
• Make sure that IP connectivity through WinRM (80, 5985) and CIFS (445) is available between the StorageGuard server and each host.
• If WinRM is not used by your organization, make sure that IP connectivity is permitted through WMI on all TCP ports and UDP ports 135, 137, 138, and 139.
|7||Verify IP connectivity is available between the main hub server and each Storage Protect server.|
Creating a User Account for Scanning IBM Storage Protect
The following suggested method can be used to create a user account with appropriate privileges:
Update user sguard <password> sessionsecurity=transitional
chmod 666 /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmerror.log. errno