AvailabilityGuard™ uses read-only InForm CLI commands to collect configuration data from HP 3PAR storage systems. These commands run on one or more UNIX servers in the IT environment. Collectively, these servers can query all 3PAR arrays in the scope. These servers are also known as InForm CLI proxies.
AvailabilityGuard™ runs read-only commands on the InForm CLI proxy over a secure shell (SSH) session. The connection from the proxy to the HP 3PAR storage system requires authorization details (user/password) for the storage system.
AvailabilityGuard uses the following InForm CLI command syntax -
To scan an HP 3PAR storage system, you should make the following preparations:
- Obtain the InForm CLI proxy host name or IP address.
- Obtain an OS user account for the InForm CLI proxy.
- Obtain the HP 3PAR storage system name or IP address.
- Obtain an HP 3PAR storage system user account with a read-only privilege.
- Verify that IP connectivity through SSH (default is port 22) is available between the AvailabilityGuard™ collector server and each InForm CLI proxy.
- Verify that IP connectivity is available between the InForm CLI proxy and each HP 3PAR storage system that it scans.
- You should provide AvailabilityGuard™ with the encrypted password of the HP 3PAR storage system. Refer to this article for the procedure to generate encrypted passwords.
- Windows servers can also be used as InForm CLI proxies. When using Windows proxies, AvailabilityGuard™ opens a WMI or WRM connection to the proxy and runs InForm CLI commands to collect data. Refer to Windows Scan Requirements for additional detail.