AvailabilityGuard™ collects configuration data from vCenter using VMware's Virtual Infrastructure (VI) API by connecting over HTTPS to the vCenter server (or servers, if more than one is used).
If VMware SRM is used, AvailabilityGuard™ automatically detects SRM servers and also collects SRM configuration data using the SRM API. Similarly if Zerto is used, AvailabilityGuard™ automatically detected the ZVM and also collects Zerto configuration data using the Zerto Virtual Replication REST API.
To scan VMware infrastructure, you should make the following preparations:
- Obtain the vCenter server name or IP address.
- Obtain a read-only user name and password for the vCenter server.
- If SRM is used, verify that the user has a read-only privilege in each SRM.
- If Zerto is used, the user cannot be a member of vCenter internal security domain.
- Verify that IP connectivity through HTTPS (port 443) is available between the AvailabilityGuard™ collector server and the vCenter server.