AvailabilityGuard automatically discovers the paths for commands being executed as part of the host scan. For few of the commands, AvailabilityGuard may not be able to find the path if installed in a non-standard path. This is relevant for binaries that are not installed and registered on the host such as the EMC inq utility. If a path was not identified successfully, the AvailabilityGuard administrator may still manually edit the path.
The following articles provide step-by-step guide for editing the path to commands executed as part of a host scan -
- Navigate to the Configuration tab.
- Select Scan Troubleshooting on the left navigation tree.
- Select Installed Applications in the Scan Troubleshooting pane.
- Select the host for which you wish to edit the command path. If you seek to edit the command path for all hosts of a specific operating system, simply select a host from the list that is installed with the target operating system.
- On the lower Application Path and Binary Files Used for Scanning pane, select the application for which you wish to edit the command path and click on Edit Paths from the menu.
- In the opened window, enter the new path in the Path text box.
- If you seek to change the command path for all hosts of a specific operating system, check the Apply to all <OS> hosts box.
- Click OK.
- This tuning can only be performed for hosts that were successfully scanned at least once.
- Only a subset of the commands can be modified.