If you a target system is not scanned successfully, whether because it failed or marked as partially successful, the AvailabilityGuard administrator should make any required changes to enable a successful scan.
To view detailed information regarding the scan issues of a target system, user may:
- Navigate to the Configuration tab, select Scan Troubleshooting.
- select the appropriate tab based on the target system type (Hosts, Storage, etc.).
- Unfold the group of the specific target system (or search the system name in the search text box).
- Select a scan issue within the group.
- Detailed info will appear in the lower pane including scan error description, error code and message where applicable and resolution guidance.
- You can access the scan issues for a specific target system directly from step 4 of the Scan Configuration Wizard by clicking the symbol () under the Scanning Errors column. The number in the circle represents the number of scan issues.
- The Scan Troubleshooting information can also be viewed using the Scan troubleshooting report (executed on-demand or scheduled).
- High level scan information appears in the System Event Log and Scan Status reports.
If the information presented for the scan issue is insufficient, you can also review the relevant scan outputs (Cache-TargetSystem-ScriptName.out). Refer to AvailabilityGuard File Locations for additional information regarding scan output locations.
Troubleshooting guidelines and solutions to common issues can be found here.