AvailabilityGuard reports on differences between a group of hosts through the Comparison tab, Tickets and the Host Configuration Differences reports.
To compare two or more hosts, you can use any of the following methods:
Host Configuration Differences report
- Navigate to the Reports tab and select the Host Configuration Differences report from the drop-down menu.
- By default, AvailabilityGuard will compare cluster nodes and any standby cluster/hosts associated with them. To edit the report scope you can either click on the all link and select specific Business Entities, or you can click Manual hosts selection to select particular clusters or hosts to compare against each other.
- Choose the comparison categories (Hardware, Software, etc.)
- Click Generate.
- You can export the results to PDF / XLS / RTF by clicking on the corresponding symbols in the upper bar after the report has been generated.
- Navigate to the Comparison tab and click on Create a New Worksheet ().
- Choose one of the following options as appropriate:
- Create a new Comparison Group. This option will enable you to define specific list of hosts, clusters or business entities to compare. In addition, it will enable you to define a Golden Image based comparison.
- Automatically create new comparison groups based on HA clusters.
- Automatically create new comparison groups based on Standby relationships.
- Click on Compare all Groups (). Alternatively, you can double-click on a specific group on the left panel and then click on the Compare! button.
- Take care to click Save Worksheet to keep any chances made to the Worksheet since it creation.