The AvailabilityGuard What-if Impact Analysis report enables users to prepare in advance for SAN maintenance work, predict possible impact and minimize service disruption.
The report enables users to select a SAN switch and review an analysis of what would be the impact of shutting it down -
- Which hosts will lose storage connectivity (experience outage).
- Where single points of failure will be created and what business services and systems will be at high risk.
- Which hosts will have reduced capacity / availability and may suffer from performance degradation and increased risk of downtime, and to what level.
The report includes an executive summary that aggregates the impact analysis to the business service level, and a detailed section describing the affected zones, volumes, etc.
To run the the What If Impact Analysis report:
- Navigate to the Reports tab.
- Select the What-If Impact Analysis report.
- Select the SAN switch for impact analysis.
- Click Generate.
Example: Business Impact Analysis in the What-If report