Preparation for Scanning Rubrik
StorageGuard collects configuration data from Rubrik by opening an HTTPS to the Rubrik CDM cluster and running read-only REST-API calls.
The following table lists the requirements for scanning Rubrik systems:
|1||Provide the network name or IP address of the Rubrik CDM cluster.
|2||Provide a user account with the Read-Only Administrator role.|
|3||Examples for read-only REST-API endpoints used:
|4||Verify that IP connectivity through HTTPS (port 443) is available between the StorageGuard server and the Rubrik CDM cluster IP.|
Creating a User Account for Scanning Rubrik
The following suggested methods can be used to create a user account with appropriate privileges:
Procedure for creating a read-only user for the scan:
- Log in to the Rubrik CDM web UI.
- Click the gear icon on the top bar of the Rubrik CDM web UI.
- Click Users and then click Users and Groups > Add Local User.
- Type a user name, password and email address for the new user account. The Rubrik cluster will send notification email and alert email to the email address.
- Click Add.
- Select the Users and Groups tab and locate the user created.
- Open the ellipsis menu next to the user account and select Manage Authorization.
- When the End User role is selected, the Assigned Objects section appears.
- Assign the user with the required object privileges
- Click Update.