Preparation for Scanning Rubrik
StorageGuard collects configuration data from Rubrik by opening an HTTPS to the Rubrik CDM cluster and running read-only REST-API calls.
The following table lists the requirements for scanning Rubrik systems:
|1||Provide the network name or IP address of the Rubrik CDM cluster.
|2||Provide a service account assigned with the Read-Only Administrator role, and its secret.|
|3||Examples for read-only REST-API endpoints used:
|4||Verify that IP connectivity through HTTPS (port 443) is available between the StorageGuard server and the Rubrik CDM cluster IP.|
Creating a Service Account for Scanning Rubrik
The following suggested method can be used to create a read-only service account:
- Log in to Rubrik and click on the Settings wheel.
- Click Users under Access Management, and then select Service Accounts.
- Click Add Service Account and enter the name of the service account. Click Next.
- Select the Read-Only Administrator role to be assigned to the service account. Click Add.
- Copy the User ID and secret information.
- Click Done.