Q: What are the technical requirements for a StorageGuard POC?
A: The following section provides information regarding installation and scan requirements.
The StorageGuard software is installed on a customer-provided Windows virtual machine.
- VM OS: 64-bit Windows Server 2012/2016/2019.
- English Edition and Locale.
- Local administrative rights required for the installation.
- Specs: 4vCPUs (2 sockets – recommended), 32GB RAM, 120GB Disk.
- Located on a local network that can access the scan targets / Open FW rules if needed.
We’d be glad to provide you with a pre-installed StorageGuard VM (OVA package) that can be easily imported into your VMware environment – if preferred.
StorageGuard performs data collection using an agentless scan, by connecting remotely with valid credentials over standard protocols (SSH, HTTPS) and running read-only vendor-specific API calls and commands. refer to StorageGuard Scan Requirements for guidelines for specific storage and backup systems.